SENIKITA 2022 OPEN CALL
Exhibition Date: 18th Nov to 21st Dec 2022
Exhibition Venue: Kamal Arts Gallery @ Wisma Geylang Serai, #04-06, 1 Engku Aman Turn, Singapore 408528.
This visual arts exhibition in its third-year running, is an annual survey of current artistic practice in the Singapore Malay community. Previous two editions of SeniKita are documented at:
The objective of this project is to also create opportunities for artists to interact and inspire one another regardless of age or genre.
Works featured in the exhibition will be selected through this open-call by the curatorial committee comprises of the following artist/ educators:
● Mr. Ahmad Abu Bakar
● Mr. Kamal Dollah
● Mr. Suhaimi Sukiyar
Awards of recognition are awarded to inspire greater art-practice. The committee will select winners for the following awards:
- Best of Show
- Best of Show runner-up
- Promising Artist award.
SENIKITA is organized by Kamal Arts Ltd, supported by Wisma Geylang Serai (Precinct Department) and the National Arts Council, Singapore.
‘Kebangkitan’– Reemergence is the theme chosen for this year’s exhibition. Artists are free to interpret the theme in any two dimensional medium.
Dimension is limited to no larger than 1 meter (height) x 1 meter (width) including frame.
As this is a public exhibition shown at a community space, artists are advised to be considerate of the audience sensitivity.
Submission through online participation form by 15 October 2022 Sat ( 2359 hrs). If you need
Interested participating artists can submit more than one application with the same email address. However, do note, the organizers are likely to choose only one of your submitted artwork for SeniKita 2022 to allow more artists’ participation.
|15 Sept (Thu) |
|Artist BRIEFING |
on participation, theme, selection and pricing. General Q&A.
|Virtually by Kamal Arts Facebook page|
|15 Oct (Sat) |
by 2359 hrs
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE |
To submit participation form and image of completed work
|Via online form – https://forms.gle/hHVcwpsf4BxkPQK29|
|16 Oct (Sun)||CURATORIAL REVIEW |
of proposals for selection into exhibition.
|Kamal Arts Gallery|
|17 Oct (Mon)||IN-PRINCIPAL* DECISION |
announced to applicants.
|Participants are informed by email.|
Please contact organiser if you did not get any result.
|5 and 6 Nov (Sat) |
10am – 3pm
|SUBMISSION of artworks* |
COLLECTION OF FEES
Artwork Photography & documentation
|Kamal Arts Gallery |
*Organiser reserves the right to reject actual work
if it is different from what was proposed.
|17 Nov (Thu)||Final EXHIBITION SET-UP |
and VOTING by jury
|18 Nov (Fri) |
to 21 Dec (Wed)
OPEN TO PUBLIC
|10 am – 6 pm daily|
|20 Nov (Sun) |
Prize/Certificate Presentation Ceremony
|All are welcome to attend.|
Subject to public gathering directives
by the authorities.
|4 Dec (Sun) |
|17 Dec (Sat) |
|ART WORKSHOP||Upcycyling Art Workshop by Art R’eev |
Twisted Loop Bag from an Old T-Shirt
|21 Dec (Wed) |
|Exhibition TEARDOWN. COLLECTION |
of artworks (6pm – 9pm)
|Collection grace period till 25 Dec (6pm)|
Participation fee is $50. No fee or payment will be charged for submitting a proposal/unsuccessful result. Students from government institutions or recognised art institutes (NAFA or LASALLE) enjoy a 50% discount on participation fee.
Fee is payable only if artwork is selected and during submission of work for exhibition.
Participation fee is for presentation of one artwork not exceeding 100cm on either side. ONLY ONE major artwork per artist will be selected. Artists are encouraged to submit more works for box sale.
The secondary objective is to encourage art patronage in the community. All artworks must be for sale. The price stated in the official form is final. Commission of 30% will be deducted from the listed price for sales transaction. The Organizer will manage delivery of sold artworks.
The ‘Box-sale’ is for two-dimensional artwork measuring 12×16 inches (30cm x 40cm) or smaller. Submitted work will be mounted on boards provided and placed in a box for quick sale. No frame, canvas stretcher or 3D objects. Standard board and plastic sleeves will be provided. The organiser reserves the right of selection or rejection.
The price ranges from minimum of $50 to maximum of $250 (inclusive of 30% sales commission). Box-sale work is a cash-and-carry item. Only participating artists can present artwork for box sale. Limited to eight pieces per artist on display. Cash and Carry transaction. Sold work will be replenished immediately.
Terms & Conditions
- Artworks must be completed no longer than three years ago and have not been exhibited previously at Kamal Arts Gallery.
- Selection of artworks for exhibition display and box-sale are by the organizer and the curatorial committee whose decisions are final and are not obliged to give a reason for rejection.
- Paintings must be in a presentable state, ready to hang on the wall in one singular frame/ installation. No cluster of small frames/ loose pieces on the wall.
- There will be no 3D works on the floor or pedestal for this year’s edition for SeniKita
- Artists shall bear their own production cost, framing, transportation and handling to/ from the exhibition venue.
- Participation fee must be paid in full upon submission of artworks.
- Exhibits that are deemed dangerous in material or can cause annoyance to others, Eg. Combustible substances, noisy gadgets, decaying matters or contraptions that may harm visitors will be removed without notice to the artist.
- The organiser may use images of artworks for the purpose of promoting and documenting this exhibition with no remuneration to the artist or any party. Images published on social media are subjected to the terms and conditions of respective websites.
- All artists are to bear full responsibility for the originality and authenticity of their artworks. The organiser does not accept any liability for any copyright infringement committed by the artist whether knowingly or unknowingly.
- The artist’s views if expressed in the works exhibited are entirely his/her own and does not reflect the views of the organiser and other participating artist.
- Due care and attention will be given in handling artworks however the organiser shall not be held liable for any theft, damages or misrepresentation of artworks during storage or exhibition. Insurance of artwork is the artist’s own prerogative.
- Artists are responsible for clearing their own artworks at the end of the exhibition according to the scheduled dates. The organiser has the right to exercise their own discretion in disposing of works left unclaimed.